Monday, June 02, 2008

New Publishing Date

Dear Faithful Reader,

With the busy summer months almost upon me, I've decided that I can only devote one day a week to blogging. I shall return on Wednesday with my weekly blog. Please stay tuned.

Your Hip Hapa,
Yayoi

P.S. My condolences to Mr. Bo Diddley's family and friends. Mr. Diddley, who recently passed away, was (as an excellent article in the New York Times claimed) one of the original founders of rock-n-roll. I recall seeing him, as a 19 year-old, at an outdoor musical festival--back when outdoor musical festivals used to be psychedelic. Among a bunch of hippies with flowers in their hair (and not much else on their bodies), Mr. Diddley traded sexually-laced barbs and quips with a female in his band. My mouth dropped open and stayed that way throughout his entire performance. I had never heard such language spoken anywhere before! Still, Mr. Diddley was entertaining and powerfully talented as so many black musicians that hailed from the South often are/were. May his soul find peace.

That's me in the photo at 17, not 19. Check out those earrings!

No comments: