Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Upcoming Events

Aloha Hip Hapa Homeez!

I hope you're having a hapa summer.

There are a lot of upcoming activities tied to this blog, so watch the writer. First of all, there's going to be a major overhaul of the Watermelon Sushi film website including the addition of some new folks to the production. Right now, I'm gathering photos and bios so you'll see the new Watermelon Sushi team, hopefully, by the end of this month. That url again: http://www.watermelonsushi.com

With the re-launch of Hapa*Teez t-shirts, some hip hapas have agreed to model their purchases for both this blog and the film website. So, stay tuned to view some hot, haute, hip hapa homeez in Hapa*Teez!

As the hip hapa population grows, the larger monoracial groups are going to have to start taking us seriously when we demand that our stories be splayed across the screen--both big and small--and onstage and in books to reflect our presence in the world. After all, we have a U.S. presidential contender in Mr. Hapa-bama. Hip hapa homeez, our day is here and we need to carpe diem!

If you know of any biracial bloggers or mixed-race organizations that are forwarding our multi-racial agendas, please drop me a line with their info. Tonight, I'm adding the link to Martine McDonald's blog to my own (on the blog roll to the right). She's a very sensitive sistah, so give her a read. I think she speaks for a lot of us blendies.

And, I'm still recruiting for Guest Bloggers if any of my readers are interested.

Meanwhile, have a hapa week!

Your Hip Hapa,
Yayoi

No comments: