Sunday, February 03, 2008

Aloha, Again

It's late in the evening (or early in the morning depending on your lifestyle) as I compose today's entry. So, I'm going to keep it short as I still have much work in front of me on this never-ending night.

However, I do want to drop a comment about the presidential race as it seems to be affecting everyone around me. And, most of the folks I'm talkin' 'bout aren't even politically aware. Actually, I think it's a good thing that people are super-charged by the campaigning even though a lot of them are flinging around a bunch of half-truths and rumors. Still, the alternative--what's referred to as voter apathy--is worse.

So, again, I would like to pose this question: What do you think about Obama identifying (it's been reported) as an African American as opposed to calling himself biracial? Here's a huge opportunity for us mixed-race people to jump in America's face to make our presence known. Do any of you have any ideas, suggestions or remarks regarding this issue?

Don't you all answer at once. And, please don't forget those Hapa*Teez t-shirts are coming soon.

Until tomorrow, Namaste.

Your Hip Hapa,
Yayoi

No comments: